Wednesday, March 17, 2010

it's not easy being green

once again we were treated to an amazing st. patrick's day dinner at my mom & dad's. my dad LOVES to cook and did a great job with some traditional irish dishes. we had corned beef & cabbage, shepherd's pie, and, my personal fave, colcannon (click here for more info). of course there was plenty of green beer, mead (a honey wine), and a variety of other green dishes: green hard rolls, pistachio pudding, chocolate cake with green frosting, and green jello (we are noweigian). it's always fun to celebrate with my grandma becker. in fact, I think this might beat out christmas as her favorite holiday. warning: the below pictures may contain corny st. paddy's day accessories.
our little leprechaun

mr. josiah sportin' the hat

my mom sent nykkole to school in this get-up!

miles and his beloved blair

I even busted out a green shirt. festive, I know.

the wee one

the obligatory brothers pose :)

2 comments:

Jan said...

CUTE!!!!

Matt and Sarah said...

how did henry's delicate tummy enjoy the corned beef? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...