Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a super superbowl

we have made it a tradition to get together with our college friends for superbowl weekend. in fact, I believe this is the 6th year that we have done it...my how the time flies! this year we hosted everyone and it was a blast! the harms', anna & scott, came from duluth with their son, ethan (13 months) - the bansemars, shawn & melissa, came from west bend, wi - and the maios, matt & sarah, came from milwaukee with their daughter, genevieve (4 months). with the exception of the maios (who stayed with sarah's parents), we had a full house! it was really fun to watch the interaction beginning to start between the boys. ethan is walking everywhere and has mastered toy stealing 101...he taught miles a few things :) here are some pictures of the little guys:
on saturday I planned a mini day trip to LARK Toys and the Nelson Cheese Factory. the kiddos enjoyed the plethora of toys and the daddys were gracious enough to take the little tykes for a spin on the carousel. if you've never visited either of these places...it is well worth it! on a side note: nelson has the BEST ice cream and cheese curds...YUMMY!
on sunday, we enjoyed a delicious brunch ala the bansemars. unfortunately, matt & sarah had to head home after we ate to prepare for miss genevieve's first day of daycare. [UPDATE: poor lil' genevieve tested positive for RSV on monday...so her daycare adventures have been postponed a week...we are sending good thoughts & prayers for a quick bout with this nasty virus]. before they could depart there was the obligatory group photo session. please keep in mind that we had to wake up miles. hence the "duh?" look on his face!
the rest of the day anna, melissa, and I scrapped. in case you do not know sarah, trust me when I say that she is NOT disappointed that she missed out on playing with melissa's CRICUT machine. anna & I, on the other hand, were in scrapbook heaven!
come game time we feasted on chili as well as a whole host of munchies. the giant bowl of guacamole didn't stand a chance. dominated. the game was actually quite entertaining and both ethan & miles went to bed like little angels.everyone packed up and headed home on monday morning. our next planned get-together isn't until this summer for our annual weekend in wautoma. we definitely wish we could be together more often, but we cherish all of the fun times and memories we have with "the gang"!

1 comment:

Matt and Sarah said...

Although you know my feelings on scrapbooking, believe me when I say I would much rather be cutting out tiny shapes and letters than becoming the expert that I now am with the bulb syringe.

It was a great weekend, thanks for hosting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...