Monday, February 23, 2009

babysitter extraordinaire

as you read the following post, keep in mind that my adorable cousin, olivia, is just twelve years old...

when kyle had his shoulder surgery, I asked olivia if she would come and help out with miles as kyle was unable to lift him up. she gladly came over so that I could go play bunco. that was a few months ago. olivia has become an excellent caregiver for my little sister, nykkole. she is willing to do things that even I do not do. not to mention her incredible knack for calming nykkole and bringing a big smile to her face. while she is at my parent's house, she has had the opportunity to play with miles...let's be honest here, olivia sees a LOT of miles. last week I asked olivia if she would be interested in babysitting sometime and if she would be willing to stay alone at our house with miles. to which she replied, "really? really? really? YES!!!"

so this sunday we took her up on that and left miles with her while we went out for lunch. she was alone for over two hours and we came home to a sleeping baby!!! miles adores her and it's comforting to know that we have a babysitter we are able to trust. just in case you forgot...she's only 12.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet. you are really lucky to have olivia. -laurie

Sleger Family said...

Is Olivia looking for any new clients...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...