Tuesday, July 15, 2008

where does the time go?

just the other day it dawned on me that my "newborn" was quickly changing into an "infant" and we should begin to attempt to establish a routine. basically miles wakes up around 6am (give or take half an hour). he eats, stays awake for an hour and crashes for two hours. he eats every 3 hours throughout the day. we are working on establishing a bedtime routine. yes, I realize he's fairly young for this, but I figure it's never too early to begin the quest toward a full night's sleep. so we are doing a bath, massage, food, book, and bed. all in all it takes about one hour for all of that fun. he's been eating around 8:30 or 9pm and then sleeping until 2:30 or 3am! as much as I am looking forward to sleeping through the night, I secretly love the middle of the night feedings. it is priceless to be standing over the changing table and seeing that big toothless grin! I am also oh so lucky in the fact that he wakes, eats, poops, eats, and is back to sleep in less than 30 minutes.

miles clearly has begun to complain when he's bored. he enjoys his swing, tummy time toy bar, mobile, and is now LOVING his new bouncy seat. he can activate the lights and sounds by kicking his feet! whoever came up with that is nothing short of a genius. I would like to personally congratulate him or her on finding a way for baby to assist in housecleaning, personal grooming (a.k.a. showers!), and all other things necessary for mommy to get done during the day...thank you kick and play bouncy seat genius!!

in other news...I am in denial that it is already the 15th of july. I can't believe how fast the summer is going. I actually had to go to work on monday morning...gasp! I know...it's a tragedy. working in the summer is clearly not for me, but I had to attend a team meeting for a few hours. luckily, miles was able to go to his grandma's for the morning.

here are some shots of the little man after his bath last night...along with a few random photos!
we call this the "O face" - there are baby pictures of me doing the exact same thing!

goofin' around with the camera


2 comments:

Friedt Family said...

I love the robe:-) He looks like he's about to bust out a stogie and enjoy a glass of brandy in his duckie smoking jacket:-) I miss you guys...well, ok so let's be honest, I miss the little guy most but I do miss the rest of you too! The Jam has been a nonstop par-tay since we pulled in yesterday so I'm glad I came but I miss that toothless grin you reference in the blog too:-) Give him a kiss from his auntie beth and have a fabulous time this weekend!! See you Sunday hopefully!!! Love, auntie Beth (and Cindy says Hi too!)

Anonymous said...

miss you miles
love the pics of ya
mommy and daddy are good at keeping us posted about you.
hope to see you sometime soon
hugs and kisses aunt jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...