Tuesday, July 8, 2008

miles and the ladies

my sister, beth, and friend, jayme, and I used to babysit the snell girls (jessica, abbie, erin, and anna) 15 years ago when the twins were just babies. they have remained close friends and I still can't believe they are all grown up! abbie just graduated from high school this year and jessica is already two years into her college career. where does the time go? we took a little day trip up to plymouth to visit today. I decided to test out the capacity of the new car. jayme's daughters - kaidance and madilyn - sat in the third seat. it wasn't too crowded, but then again, this was a day trip. we would definitely not be able to travel this way if we had more than our two diaper bags and one umbrella stroller. surprisingly, miles' carseat took up the most space! julie snell (a.k.a. mom) made a scrumptious lunch and we all sat around and chatted. after lunch, the girls went swimming. it appears that only anna and kaidance braved the pool and the rest caught some rays. miles and I stayed back with julie and relaxed out on the porch. we took time to pose for a quick group photo and then headed home. while stopped on 494 - I was reminded why I no longer live in the twin cities and then we all pondered why in the world it's called "rush hour" when obviously nobody is rushing anywhere! oye.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...