Monday, July 26, 2010

six months old

so now that henry is seven months old, I suppose I should post his six month pictures as well as his stats from the doctor appointment. I will admit that I did take these pictures at around 6 1/2 months and had every intention of redoing them [my camera was a little whack-a-doo that day], but alas, that did not happen...my poor second child. so here they are (sans chair picture):

6months016months026months056months066months076months096months10

henry bug is a drool machine and has become quite adept at removing hats, sunglasses, and goggles. his coordination is great - he can pass toys from one hand to the other and will bring anything and everything into his mouth, including fingers...you've been warned! he sits up so straight and tall and thinks he's such a little hot-shot. we went to the doctor the day after his half birthday for the obligatory slew of shots and stats update. so without further ado:

weight: 15 lbs 8 oz (20%ile)
height:  28 inches (88%ile)

he is disproportionately tall and thin. so much so that we have to go back for a weight check. henry gained just less than a pound in two months...not enough. we were planning to start cereal at six months, so we will hope that the extra calories do the trick. our doctor says she's not worried. he's meeting and exceeding the necessary developmental milestones and is very content. he sleeps from 7:30pm to 5:30am, eats, and then goes back to sleep until 7:30am (sometimes later). he's napping about 1-2 hours in the morning and afternoon. so, yeah, he doesn't seem to be starving! I will update his new stats in a couple of weeks. 

until then, we will continue to celebrate the half of a year that we have been blessed with our little buggy. his bright smile and round blue eyes are mesmerizing. he is such a beautiful baby boy and we are so thankful to have him in our family. 
6months08
happy half birthday little bug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! He is really a happy baby, I know!! I've rarely heard him cry, maybe he's just happy around his Great Grandma!!! I'm not a bit proud, am I???

Great Grandma G

Matt and Sarah said...

my doctor is concerned about my inability to gain weight too. er....never mind.

henry is quite the cool dude with his shades! way to be adorable, mr. bug. keep up the good work

Friedt Family said...

He is such a sweet baby, what a charmer:-) As for the weight "problem", not to worry, he's just trying to stay slim so that he can rival his momma's physique at age 14:-) I have pictures but I won't post them....yet....:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...