mondays have been given a bad rap. I know that for most of the working world, they signal the start of what can seem like an endless week of work. and yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking...
you teachers have it rough with the entire summer off. bring it on. I can handle the sarcastic remarks and I can brush them off, because I know why I do what I do and why I choose to do it part-time. exhibit A: lunch in the park on a monday. I convinced my sister and nephew, as well as my mom (nana) and sister-in-law to join us for a play date at our neighborhood park. I packed up our stroller and we set out for some fun in the sun. we had a tailgate picnic in the parking lot with beth and josiah - mcdonald's style - and then strolled over to the park for some quality time in the sandbox and on the swing set.
we blew bubbles and miles dragged his auntie jen all over the place. she's such a good sport.
daddy stopped by during his run. the picture didn't exactly turn out, but I couldn't resist including one of my three favorite boys.
I am full of joy watching my suddenly grown up two year old run through the park, swing freely in the swings, giggle as he is chased by his auntie, and stare in wonder at the mob of "big kids" who invaded the sandbox and then the big toy. then I catch a glimpse of henry's bright blue eyes and soft spiky hair as he lays contently on a blanket in the shade and, dare I say, "my cup runneth over." as an added bonus to all this wonderfulness is how exhausted these two beans are when we load back up in the stroller and head home. I see a nap coming on.
2 comments:
What a fun Monday with such adorable kids!!!!
Great Grandma G
I love the blank stares in the last two photos. When you get those, you know a good nap is in the near future! So glad you guys are enjoying this gorgeous summer weather!!
Post a Comment