Monday, April 12, 2010

the moment I've been waiting for

while I was pregnant, I often sat and wondered if this baby was a boy or a girl. wouldn't it be strange to have pink everything invade our house? what would it be like to give miles a brother? although I will be honest and admit that I was expecting henry to be a girl (I was SO sure!)...I feel blessed to be able to give the gift of brotherhood to our sons. when kyle announced "oh honey, it's a boy!", my mind was instantly flooded with thoughts of how two little boys would bond as brothers and become best friends. with that being said, I was overwhelmed with joy when henry looked at miles on thursday and started grinning. that grin soon turned into a big gummy smile. he is clearly smitten with his big brother and loves it when miles says "hi henry!" in his sweet little high-pitched voice. I feel incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to watch this life-long bond form. the last two pictures and short video give a glimpse into what I'm trying to explain. enjoy.
too much fresh air!
one of these days henry won't immediately stop smiling the moment he sees a camera...we'll teach him :)
miles thinks henry needs "A D medicine"
this is not "the 1st moment" - but it captures the look in henry's eye
henry is so excited to see and hear miles

6 comments:

Rohde Family said...

That is so sweet! What a great big brother Miles is! My brother and I are 9 years apart, but have an awesome friendship too. :)

Anonymous said...

You can just see the admiration in Henry's eyes when he looks at Miles! They will be close friends forever!!
Great Grandma G

Friedt Family said...

That is adorable, they are going to be great friends! Miles is such a helper to all little ones,. Josiah thinks he's the best thing since biter biscuits:-)

Marc - Jen - Callan said...

Awwww! This is so corny - but it brings tears to my eyes to see this (it doesn't take much, I know)! It is so sweet. They will be so close and have so many things to share for many many years to come! They are lucky to have each other.

Anonymous said...

Robin- i totally understand what you are saying...it is quite a feeling to see your little one smile at his sibling! I am convinced now that when Cooper hears or sees Maddie it is an instant grin with lots of cooing! It is true love :) enjoy every moment- cant wait for all of our kids to meet!!!!!
xoxo Ali

Matt and Sarah said...

that is SO sweet. miles - you're looking almost tall enough to change henry yourself. give mama a hand there, will ya? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...