Saturday, April 17, 2010

whew...

...what a busy family-filled weekend! we got things started on saturday with a walk to the toy store. as many of you know, we are almost able to see toys r us from our front yard. I foresee this becoming a problem. kyle walked over there with miles last week and he fell in love (miles that is). we went back on saturday to do a little exchanging at babies r us. we surprisingly made it out of there with only a couple of new snack cups (thank you easter bunny nana), new pacifiers for henry, and a mommy hook for me. kyle thinks it's a ridiculous purchase. I love it. we then trekked back home for the car and made our way over to nana and papa's for nap time. I did a few errands while the boys snoozed and then it was off to congratulate my uncle steve on his retirement from IBM. it came a little sooner than he had planned...but that's how IBM rolls. I haven't one picture of my uncle...but here are some of the boys enjoying steve and jeanie's lovely backyard.
obligatory matching outfits photo op #1
adorable.
miles and olivia trying out josh's washer game.
somehow I don't think this is how it was intended to be played.

josh was teaching miles a new handshake of sorts
precious
peace out!
beautiful nykkole
mr. j enjoying the sunshine with auntie blair
getting a little practice standing up
whenever all of us becker siblings are in town, we try to take advantage and hang out. after the party we went back to my parent's house and played some games. miles decided that playing in nykki's sling was fantastic! especially since he has control of the remote.
danger!!
obligatory matching outfits photo op #2
fer cuuute!
(thanks for the pjs, easter bunny)
miles adores his auntie nykki. it doesn't hurt that she has the best set up for movie watching ever!
enjoying a little cedarmont kids video
(if you ever want to hear kyle complain...ask him about these!)

insert mommy brag: I will say that miles is getting to be quite the little smarty pants. his latest obsession is with finding things that are the same. last week I gave him two crackers. one was broken in half. he took a close look at them, bit off part of the whole one, and declared, "SAME!" when he sits and watches movies he always asks to, "hold cover." then he studies it and when he notices the part of the movie that is shown in a small picture on the case he says, "I saw that one." yeah...you read that right...FOUR word sentences. I knew he'd be a talker [click here].
"I saw that one!"
and for some reason, miles can sit and watch endless dvds with nykki and somehow escape the whaps from her wild and crazy left arm. however, this time she did manage to snag him...
"no no nykki!"
we've learned to let nykki hold babies in that crazy left arm
our little henry is becoming quite the drooler. he has discovered both fists and tries desperately to chew them off. occasionally he shoves them in too far. gag. miles thinks it's fun to imitate him.
delish
monkey see. monkey do.
it was so fun to spend the day just hanging out at "home" - the boys had a wonderful time and we always enjoy playing games and catching up with everyone. here are just a couple more from our fun night.
papa chatting with henry
henry and auntie bethy
farkle
the busy weekend continued on sunday with henry's baptism. stay tuned.

1 comment:

Friedt Family said...

Whew is right! I don't have anything witty to add but felt that this mega-post deserved at least one comment:-) Love the pictures as usual:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...