Tuesday, September 23, 2008

roley poley

after many attempts...miles has figured out how to roll over! last week he mastered rolling tummy to back. now I'm not sure if he really knew what he was doing, but it worked to get him off of his tummy and that made him happy. he's really strong on his belly...although it certainly is not his definition of a good time. on sunday night, while we were over at beth & seth's house, he was lying on the floor and playing with his toes...like always. we noticed he seemed to be almost rolling over, so we muted the tv and all stared in awe at this new trick. he continued to kick a couple of times, hoist his legs into the air, grab his feet, twist to the side, and then straighten out. he tried and tried and almost had it...we were all cheering him on! then... he had a little more momentum swinging his legs...and he managed to flip over! the four of us cheered and clapped. needless to say, we scared the bejeebers out of him. I don't think it deterred him though, because he keeps trying!

today I placed him on his back under the toybar and went to the kitchen to chop up veggies. I heard lots of cooing and squealing and assumed he was just having a good ol' time with the lights on the toybar. not so much. he had turned sideways and rolled over and was essentially stuck. I guess my days of running to the other room to finish something up are numbered...it's not going to be long before he starts scootching around the floor. his other new trick is to kick the toybar over. what happened to my swaddled little bundle...

here are a few shots from the other night when he was rolling tummy to back. (please ignore the mess - we were in the process of assembling some new bedroom furniture)

love my toes!

sometimes just one foot will do

ok - if I stick my arm out like this...

...and lean to the side...

...I can get on my back!
daddy was celebrating with me :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...