april is here. the first day of spring has come and gone. so logically speaking we should have packed away our hats and mittens and traded them in for light spring jackets. we should have gotten our first spring pedicure to ready our footsies for the array of sandals that have replaced the clunky boots of winter. we should be prepping the picnic table for the first driveway lunch of the year - wiping off the dirt, not the snow.
but this is minnesota and sometimes the seasons don't come (or go) when they calendar says. regardless of the temperature outside, we are determined to get out and do "springy things" like...
sidewalk chalk
driveway sports
grilling out (step one: shovel off snow...did I mention it's april folks)
twins season opener
the first race of the season
wagon rides
bumps and bruises (a.k.a. fat lip)
yard work
you're jealous of our front yard, right? even more jealous of our backyard?
in keeping with a true minnesota spring, there have been some glimpses of the season here and there and believe me, we took advantage of them completely. picnics were had, swings were swung, short sleeves were abundant and we all took an extra moment to breathe in the warm air.
we are ready for the spring to poke its way out of the ground, reach up toward the sun, and stay put.
I can't say that I mind winter (in fact, I kinda love it), but spring and fall are my favorites and if spring doesn't show up for good soon, we are going to get bombarded by the sweltering summer heat and humidity before we know it. and I don't know about you, but I need the transition of spring before that happens.
2 days ago



































3 comments:
We got 4 inches of snow on May first. I feel your pain.
Robin-blogging needs to be your second job. you are so good at this!
I would have to disagree with Anna. You should be a professional photographer! Your days sound strangely similiar to ours.
Post a Comment