Sunday, March 27, 2011

mullet

in keeping with my streak of scholarly consultations from wikipedia, here is the definition of mullet:

The mullet is a hairstyle that is short at the front and sides, and long in the back.[1] Often ridiculed as a lowbrow and unappealing hairstyle, the mullet began to appear in popular media in the 1960s and 1970s but did not become generally well-known until the early 1980s. It continued to be popular until the mid-1990s


the first haircut is always a bittersweet moment for me. it seems odd that such a slight trim can change my baby's whole appearance and, somehow, it takes the "baby-ness" factor down a notch or two. but let's just highlight wikipedia's last line It continued to be popular until the mid-1990s. it is 2011 folks. buggy's mullet had to go.
DSC_0037
he sat so still and let auntie blair work her magic.
DSC_0042DSC_0048DSC_0056

I was NOT ready to give up his signature spiky 'do, so we just trimmed up the back and the sides. or should I say, the little bit of hair he has on the sides. the worn patches only enhanced his mullet look. remember when it was all the rage to get yourself a few racing strips above your ears? henry would've rocked that look. too bad he wasn't born three decades ago. when his hair eventually decides to lay down, we'll be ready to trim the top. I'm just not there yet.

before and after:
henry 1st haircut
thank you auntie blair...henry loves his non-mullet haircut!
DSC_0060

2 comments:

Jan said...

You needed to throw an 80's party to rock that mullet one last time!

Rohde Family said...

Ellie had her first haircut last week and I cried! I was so embarrassed. Luckily the woman cutting Ellie's hair was a momma too and totally understood. Henry looks good with his new do! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...