as much as I would love to be able to take miles to the pool everyday, the reality of packing up a five month old AND a two year old to venture on a 10 minute walk sometime between the end of henry's morning nap and the start of lunch...on my own...is a little daunting. lucky for us, miles is completely entertained by the toys in our own backyard! he received this darling butterfly pool last year for his birthday and we are loving the umbrella it has to cover up sensitive baby skin. it makes for some goofy green photos...but oh well.
here is evidence that my first born did not inherit my pasty white, er I mean porcelain, skin tone. it's barely a week into summer and he's already three shades darker than me. keep in mind that this kiddo never steps foot outside without a minimum 30SPF...he can thank his daddy for those genes! and then there are henry's irresistibly soft, pudgy baby toes. I love how he props them up on the stroller and then hoists them up into his hands so he can chew on them. it's too much.
we packed up a little picnic and headed out to the driveway, because that's how we roll. sandwiches, veggies, fruit, and milk make for the perfect picnic basket lunch. miles prefers to pick the cheese off of his sandwich and then try to snatch it out of mine. silly little boy.
sure, I know that the driveway doesn't seem like the greatest of all places to lay a baby, but henry doesn't mind. any place that he can lay and watch miles is a good place. I love to watch his little arms and legs stiffen out with excitement as miles gently kneels down and says hi henry! and then goes on to explain in great detail what he's doing - I'm going swimming henry. this is my owie henry. I fell down on go-go's sidewalk henry. hi henry! I give you kiss. muuuuah! it is pure bliss, these late-morning ventures to our driveway. I'm so glad that summer is just beginning and we will get to enjoy many more days just like this.











4 comments:
its a well known fact that fair, un-tanned people age more gracefully, robin. here's to looking stunning at 80!
Ah yes the pasty, er porcelain, skin tone is the best. I've managed to surpass white, I'm now translucent! On a happier note, LOVE the pictures! You have to post a video of Miles talking to Henry, it's the cutest!! What a sweet little boy!
Those pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! Professional, but easy when you have such cute subjects!! Driveway is the best place to enjoy summer activities, as long as he doesn't know there's other places!!! That time will come! Great Grandma G
I love the new photo of you and the boys! Looks like you are having a great summer!
Post a Comment