we came across a free sandbox last month and thought we would offer it to beth and seth. they, however, have acquired a beautiful new swing set complete with a built-in sandbox. so the turtle sandbox has made it's triumphant return to our backyard. miles couldn't be more pleased. he had a blast helping daddy fill it up with sand. ok...so he obviously enjoyed the wheelbarrow ride the most.


henry supervised the operation from the backseat of the subaru. he was testing out miles' car seat. shhh...don't tell miles!

kyle had it filled with sand in the corner of the driveway when I had a brilliant idea! apparently kyle had
also had this idea, but thought I would say no...I'm not sure where he gets these crazy thoughts? in any case, kyle unfilled (is that a word? let's just say
emptied) the sandbox and we moved it to the back of the garage
in the dog kennel. you see, miles has become a sort of houdini lately. he can disappear from your sight in seconds. with the river running through our backyard and a VERY busy road a mere stones throw from our house, you can understand the dozen or so near panic attacks I've had this spring. I figured that the option to pen him in the kennel will make our mornings in the sandbox much more relaxing. bonus: this little corner is almost completely shaded until noon and the dogs can run around in there with us!
not to shabby for free :)
as we were about to go in for the night, miles assumed this position. I see potty-training on the horizon. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
"I go poopy mommy"
2 comments:
He's going to thank you profusely for the poopy picture when he gets older:-) As for the sandbox in the kennel idea....brilliant!!
are those old navy sandals i spy? gg has the same style. although probably 5 sizes smaller than miles'!
Post a Comment