Sunday, May 2, 2010

the golden thirty

kyle joined the prestigious "30 + club" on friday! being that it was his golden birthday, we had to be sure it was done right. unfortunately, I was unable to arrange a day off for him, so we had to postpone our celebrating until after the work day was over. nana and papa graciously offered to babysit the boys so that we could go out to dinner and even squeeze in a drink or two in a real live grown-up bar...haven't done that in months!! all of our siblings (minus marc and jen) joined us at fiesta cafe for a yummy dinner.
I would like to personally thank the staff there for doing a smashing job of embarrassing kyle. the entire staff (or at least it seemed like the whole staff) came out singing feliz cumpleanos, slapped a big ol' sombrero on kyle's head, and smeared some whipped cream on his nose. it was glorious!
the birthday boy was spoiled with a whole variety of gift cards from everyone and miles & henry got daddy a shirt and a bag of 30 hershey kisses. I was unsure of how to properly mark this grand occasion in terms of some sort of fabulous gift. fear not. here is what I came up with:
and here is the look kyle gave me as he was trying to figure it out.
in case you are a little stumped too..."compute it! big mac + apple"...it's the iMac, silly! kyle's been salivating over this thing for months, scratch that, years. so I thought that he deserved an extra special gift in honor of his 30th birthday. I'm sure there will be a blog post dedicated to our new cyber machine as soon as it arrives. you know me though...ever the bargain hunter...we will be purchasing aforementioned iMac as soon as apple begins their back-to-school promotion. I'm all for a free iPod!

the remainder of the evening found us all bar-hopping *gasp* you read that right! we quickly discovered that we are a bit rusty, but had a good time despite our yawning at 9pm. I have to admit that one of us (might have been me) said "it's getting late. by the time we pick up the boys and get them to bed it will be after 11pm." wow, we're old. here are the rest of the pictures from our night out on the town. a special thank you to nana and papa for watching the boys. they obviously had a great time!
mmmm...brownies.
tuckered out

3 comments:

sara said...

I think Kyle was more scared of those green fingernails than the whipped cream....

Friedt Family said...

Yes, we are old. *sigh* Oh well...at least we didn't get kicked out of the bar for wearing "excessive bling" as the sign warned we would:-)

The Repedes said...

We blogged our new arrival ;)

http://repedefamily.blogspot.com/2008/08/our-new-arrival.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...