Thursday, February 11, 2010

superbowl 2010

it is tradition to get together with our friends for superbowl weekend. let's be honest...it's not so much about the game, just an excuse to see each other! this year's rendezvous was held at the harms' home in poplar, wi. (poplar is more like a map dot...think duluth/superior). I was unsure if I would make the trek up north with a tiny newborn and fresh incision on my belly. however, I have felt great and thought that we would survive this first family-of-four vacation. survival tip #1: leave around nap time, thereby allowing little miles to snooze away a chunk of the 4 hour trip. survival tip #2: plan on stopping where toddlers can run. we made it up to a small town 1 hour south of duluth before stopping and stretching our legs. we ran into walmart for a few necessities and let miles push the cart to burn off some energy. we then drove to KFC for dinner (classy, I know) and kyle headed in with miles while I fed henry in the car (every mother's dream, right?). I have to say that the stop was longer than expected, but resulted in a much happier toddler.
we arrived at the harms' around 7:30pm and got settled. a special thank you to everyone who crammed into the upstairs and allowed us to spread out in the basement guest suite! the rest of the crew (a.k.a. the maios and bansemars) arrived L-A-T-E that night. we greeted them the next morning and introduced everyone to little henry. it was just three short years ago that our superbowl weekends were filled with late nights, adult beverages, quiet sleepy mornings, and adventures out on the town. now there are six bambinos under the age of two. enough said.
the three "big kids"
miles, ethan, genevieve
the three "little kids"
addison, henry, alana

despite the addition of six little ones, the guys managed to squeeze in plenty of time on the wii and even an afternoon out for burgers and beers. lucky ducks.

the daddies took the kids outside on sunday to wear them out...the kids, not the daddies.
the little girls stayed inside :)
"hi everyone!"
the boys
enjoying the feast!
it was great to see everyone again and to catch up on life in general. the kids were all so well-behaved and I was amazed at how graciously ethan shared all of his toys with miles and genevieve. I'm not sure that would've been the case had we hosted!
there was no shortage of food (thank you ladies) and fun. we are looking forward to this summer's get-a-way with the gang!
xoxo...until next time!
note: there is no information regarding the actual superbowl. I spent the evening in the bedroom calming a fussy newborn and watching the sound of music (love!!). I hardly recall who even won the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that Miles is already a ladies man!!! Those 2 pics are so sweet!

Sara K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...