we thought that we should capitalize on miles' nickname before he decides that he wants to dress up as some sort of cartoon character. so we dressed up our little monkey as, well, a monkey! he surprisingly liked his costume and put up with the multiple dressings and undressings (didn't fit in the carseat) as we hauled him around town to visit grandpa kroening, clayt & jess, and conrad & sara before eventually arriving at the annual becker halloween bash! he didn't get the concept of trick or treating and, frankly, didn't need the bucket full of candy. so we decided that we would hold off on going door to door until next year or maybe even the year after! lord knows I don't really need the extra calories either! he got a few treats from grandpa, auntie jess & uncle clayt, great grandma and go-go (daycare). grandpa gave him his first piece of chocolate. to that miles says "more!" and I concur!

woke up a little crabby and none too excited about getting dressed.
(can you blame him? check out the leggings!)

hey I look pretty cute!

trick or treat grandpa!
there were some pretty stellar costumes once again this year. we had a contest for "best costume" and my dad won. my parents were the maid and butler for "queen nykkole". so clever. the scary part was that my DAD was the maid. complete with make-up and fishnet stockings. you can thank me later for that mental image. I will try to scrounge up a better photo of him so you can get an actual glance at such a masterpiece. miles took 2nd in the contest, followed by my brother, brian. you will see that he was part of a foursome and they all looked fantastic! I am also on the hunt for a picture of beth, seth, and josiah. they were fire fighters and little josiah was a dalmation!

me (chiquita banana), miles (monkey), and kyle (zoo keeper)

the flintstones
(brian & blair, jen & marc)

seth's brother, noah

all of the guys (that would be my DAD in the middle)

queen nykkole
miles partied until after 10:30 at which time he crashed and woke up at 6:45 the next morning. good thing we had daylight savings time, because that means he actually got about 9 hours of sleep. he still hasn't really adjusted to the new time schedule. clearly this concept was not thought of by a parent. grr. in any case, here are some pictures from the party. when I get some other good ones, I'll post an update.

watching "SIGNING!" (a.k.a.
signing time)

miles was intrigued by rock band

cousins - I found these pjs on uber clearance last year

goodnight nykki
4 comments:
Such fun pictures! It looks like you had a fabulous time. The monkey costume is adorable! :)
I love all the costumes! And the one of Miles knocking on the door is gorgeous! Y'all are so creative...I'd say it must run in the family, but since I'm in inlaw that wouldn't do me any good. ;-)
Your dad looks HOT! I can see why he was was the costume champ. Also the preggo banana was pretty creative.
Post a Comment