Sunday, October 4, 2009

sigh-ah

miles refers to his little cousin, josiah, as 'siah (see pronunciation in post title). he's convinced that all babies are named 'siah. lately he will tell me "shhhh, 'siah sleep" - note that josiah is not in our home at the time! when beth was pregnant we would often talk about how it would be nice if they had a girl, because our family would have one of each. but then again, it would be great if they had a boy, because he and miles would become best buddies. lo and behold, we were right on target with the latter. josiah has turned into quite the little chatterbox and his happy-go-lucky personality shines through (unless of course he's hungry...then WATCH OUT!). we are extremely fortunate to live so close to our family and get to see little 'siah (and beth & seth too) at least a couple of times each week. a few weeks ago we went over to brian & blair's house for dinner. miles decided that 'siah made a comfy pillow!
last week miles and I headed over to nana and papa's house to watch josiah while nana helped great-grandma and great-grandpa out. miles was a great helper and I was encouraged to see that he is taking his role as future big brother very seriously:he even showed 'siah how to properly watch baby einstein.
and although I marvel at miles' "gentleness" and his caring gestures of hugs and kisses...he is, in fact, still a 16 month old and I feel it is safest to have josiah in this:

2 comments:

Friedt Family said...

'siah loves his cousin Miles too! I can't wait until next summer when they are running around outside together...imagine the mischief, I mean FUN, that they'll be getting in then:-)

Jan said...

I love the one of them watching TV! And how fun "Siah" already has a nickname!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...