I guess you could say that this post got away from me. it's nearly the middle of november and I'm just now posting pictures from this year's annual costume party. miles chose to dress up as his favorite pbs kids character - Super WHY! - or as he calls him, "su-su-suuuper why" (still stuttering...).
and although purchasing a pre-made costume goes against my creative genes, I broke down on this one. he was adorable and still wears the mask around - so I guess my $20 wasn't a complete waste. henry was a soft and cuddly dragon. this also went against my usual halloween tradition of everyone coordinating, but I couldn't seem to come up with a very good sidekick for miles and we already owned this costume, so I gave in and took the easy route. as for kyle and me...well, that's a little more complicated. I'd been planning our mary poppins and bert costumes for awhile, but hadn't gotten all of the pieces together prior to going to phoenix. needless to say, we were scrambling at the last minute for a good "bert hat" and some sort of chimney sweep. I called my brother to borrow his newsboy hat, which sort of gave our costumes away...since brian and blair had already rented mary poppins and bert costumes from a local costume shop. (thank you to blair for giving me the heads up) I didn't really want to come as the same people, so kyle and I made an 11th hour switcheroo and came as mr. and mrs. banks - same movie, different couple.
not too shabby given the fact that we had less than 2 hours to whip up a costume! everyone else looked fabulous and fun was had by all.
I think kyle and I are probably two of very few parents who didn't make a haul on halloween candy this year. we headed out to trick-or-treat at grandpa's house. let's just say that door-to-door is impossible, so we laid low and relished in the calmness of halloween night - our years of running ragged are in the very near future, we know! so we drove to see a handful of loved ones and came home with a half dozen candy bars, a giant coloring book, adorable shirt for henry, and some age-appropriate snacks for both little guys. gotta love family!
I'm already brainstorming our costumes for next year and have a handful of ideas simmering on the back burner. you'll have to wait a year to find out what doesn't get cast on the cutting room floor. after this year lack of creativity, there's no place but up!
2 days ago
















3 comments:
Y'all's Halloween party always looks so much fun!!!
you should come next year!
super cute, as always! i am wondering...did you happen to have a 'votes for women' sash just laying around the house?
Post a Comment